Do you know how to provide applications that exceed expectations? Are you a crafty problem solver?
We're looking for someone like that who can:
– build and maintain a large-scale enterprise system in a complex technology environment
– work in different roles across the whole solution lifecycle (requirement analysis, development, design, system integration, architecture, support, etc.)
– write high quality code using test-driven development (TDD) practices
– provide technical leadership on projects and coach less experienced developers
– analyze root causes of incidents and provide solutions
– support the business with effort estimations and feasibility studies
– work well with global/dispersed teams
– shape the newly created team in Wroclaw
– travel to London when there is such a need
You'll be working in the The Equities IT team is part of the UBS Asset Management's Application Delivery function. We are a small cross functional team working in an agile fashion to deliver enhancements to the Equities Front Office platform.
The team are responsible for developing and maintaining a fully integrated global Equities Front Office platform for Equity portfolio modelling/construction/optimisation, real-time risk analysis, STP, heterogeneous alpha & risk sources and time series reporting capabilities, enhancement of bespoke Quant, Research and Valuation tools and integration of vendor solutions. The following 3 core applications are the backbone of the Equities Front Office platform:
• POP (technology stack: Winforms/WPF; Oracle database; Informatica ETL; Autosys job scheduling) - It is a tool for disciplined portfolio construction, consistently maximising alpha capture opportunities gained through our in-house research process, while considering relevant constraints. POP takes into account and tries to minimise transaction cost. It also allocates risk according to the PM's needs. The ultimate goal is to minimise factor risk and use the risk budget for stock specific risk in order to benefit from the analyst's input to the largest extent possible.
• GEVS (technology stack: ASP.NET; SQL Server database; Autosys job scheduling) - A Global Equity Valuation System (GEVS) used by the analyst of Global Asset Management GEVS calculates the estimated present value of a company's future free cash flow and compares it to the firm's current market price. The calculation of the intrinsic value is based on a multi-period free cash flow discounting model.
• Pedestal (technology stack: ASP.NET; Oracle database; Autosys job scheduling) - Pedestal is a web-based application for worldwide dissemination of research results via the intranet. Analyst information, research notes, recommendations, company visits, and GEVS results are integrated on this global research platform for analysts & portfolio managers
Your experience and skills
– hands on experience (2+ years) as software developer building enterprise grade applications
– experience in .NET using C#, with experience in C# 4.0/4.5 being highly desirable
– recent experience in the development of all tiers of an enterprise application: GUI (Win Forms/WPF), Services (WCF), relational database (SQL-Server or Oracle), messaging (TIBCO or MQ) and data integration
– a good grounding of convergent technologies to include messaging software, SOA, systems architecture concepts and approaches
– experience working in an agile environment with focus on Scrum or Kanban delivery processes
– analytical and questioning mind (you are not afraid to challenge the status quo on a large scale and suggest viable alternative approaches)
– an excellent communicator
– focused on code quality
– aware of on-going technology trends and know how best to leverage their benefits
– a very good English speaker
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Take the next step
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com