As part of our engineering team in Szczecin, Poland, you will participate in our SCRUM driven software engineering team. You should be able to:
- Understand the complex interactions of an existing client / server application.
- Create and execute detailed implementation plans with well-defined milestones.
- Implement products based on service oriented architectures (SOA).
- Coordinate and clearly communicate within the team and our pairing engineering teams in Germany, USA, Ukraine and Poland.
- Proactively remove development obstacles and prioritize your tasks.
Nice to have:
- Strong design and implementation skills in Java.
- Experience writing UnitTests.
- Strong experience in multithreading / concurrency.
- Experience in UI development with focus on usability and user experience.
- A proven track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English via both phone and e-mail is a must.
- Experience designing, implementing and using REST APIs
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience in agile development (SCRUM)
- Experience using XML, XSD and JSON
- Experience in usage of OSGi
- Technical experience with media and experience in the media industry
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®.