We are Neverbland - in name and in deed. We are young, ambitious and in love with the web. We specialise in crafting beautiful products for startups all the way to global brands.
We build websites for clients like Purple Magazine, Altitude Music or Fnatic and create our own products like Conjure and Slate CMS.
We are 20, and 20 was great. But now we need our number 21. And we're looking for more than a number. Neverbland are on the hunt for super talented up-and-coming developers, designers and producers who want to challenge themselves and challenge us.
The successful candidate will join our team of smart, fun, creative individuals who are as passionate about the web and the latest technologies as they are about their lunch options.
- Get excited by the design and development of cloud-based web and mobile applications
- Utilise open source technologies to increase speed & quality of development
- Can work independently on your own challenges, and together in a team on the bigger vision with agile methodologies
- Have extensive knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL and know your way around Apache, nginx or other server
- Are completely fluent in PHP and have experience with web frameworks (we use Symfony 2.1 and Symfony 1.4). We don't require fluency in our current technology stack - great programmers can pick up new technologies.
- Excited by new and emerging technologies and have a hunger to use them
- Love solving complex problems for real businesses, startups and gamers!
- Excellent knowledge of English (including technical jargon) – both spoken and written.
- Ability to document your code and push your libraries to other devs.
- Knowledge of TDD.
- Very good knowledge of PHP5.4, OOP, DDD, DRY, Dependency Injection, Separation of Concerns and other smart words and acronyms.
- Experience with or interest in asynchronous processing (queues like Gearman or RabbitMQ) and other means of offloading the web request and application server (web services, caching).
- Fluency in (X)HTML, and CSS(LESS/SASS).
- Familiarity with GIT (cli or gui).
- Excellent ability to communicate with team mates
- An element of geekiness ;)
- Work in a flexible & fun environment
- Team meet ups in our London HQ (including paid trip to Silicon Christmas party every year)
- Learn first hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products.
- Build exciting Apps that thousands of users will use (http://conjure.io,
- Contribute to amazing Open Source technologies
- A new PC or Mac with dual-widescreen setup
- A relaxed, fun and sociable environment with 7 other developers
- A very competitive salary (4000 PLN - 8000 PLN, based on experience and awesomeness) and flexible holidays
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you. We'll judge every candidate on their individual merits so send us examples of your best work, GitHub or StackOverflow accounts, along with a CV. Experience is less important than talent. If you have any questions just drop us a line - michal at neverbland dot com