As an Oracle Database administrator you will work with the regional Database team to provide high level database expertise for day to day support of production and development servers. DBA Support for application teams and overspill from Level 1 Global Oracle Team.
Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
The successful candidate must have an excellent track record of production support in a financial environment.
The role is located in the UBS office in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park) or in Wroclaw.
WymaganiaResponsibilities: • Dealing directly with application teams
• Planning DBA steps of application releases
• Executing weekend work, including support of application releases, major infrastructure events
• Patching and upgrading database and grid infrastructure
• Training on exadata and ODA
• Investigating database performance and tuning
• Responding to production incidents
• Performing changes in production following agreed processes and documents
• Responding to escalations from the L1/L2 team
• Providing backup and recovery
• Extensive knowledge and experience of MSSQL server administration ideally within the banking/financial industry
• Good DBMS skills in SQL 2005, 2008 R2 - any experience in SQL 2012 a bonus
• Good analytical and troubleshooting experience on above
• Experience in large enterprise supporting 500 + servers
• Good experience of DB Mirroring / Clusters and Replication
• Very good written and spoken English
• Solid knowledge of RAC, Dataguard and RMAN
• Excellent database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and ability to follow process
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work and remain calm in a high pressure environment
• Good team working skills and capable of working alone
• Experience of AlwaysOn
• Experience in any of SSAS, SSIS, SSRS and Goldengate replication