Our team in Warsaw plays a crucial role in Viacom's global engineering organization. We build highly efficient, advanced systems which are used by millions of users all over the world. Currently we are looking for a rock solid Software Engineer Java. We need someone with professional, hands-on experience in developing high trafficked Web based applications in a fast paced, business changing environment.
As a Software Engineer Java you will be responsible for building new and optimizing existing applications (serving heavy traffic, requiring high efficiency and resistant to failures). Your responsibilities will be creating technical documentation, improving automated test coverage (unit/ integration/ user acceptance tests, etc.) and resolving technically advanced problems. Keeping up to date with modern back-end web technologies will be also a part of your duties.
If you have:
• 2+ years of relevant professional experience plus a Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• Good experience with Java and knowledge of at least one other OOP or FP language
• Understanding of the REST architectural style and how it relates to the HTTP protocol
• Working knowledge of at least one major app framework (e.g. Spring 3, JAX-RS, NodeJS)
• Experience with build and dependency management tools (sbt, Maven)
• Familiarity with Agile development process (Scrum, TDD) and comfort in using CI approach
• Experience in working with Unix/Linux environment
• Very good English language skills (verbal and written)
Nice to have:
• Experience with web servers (e.g. Apache HTTPd, NGINX, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss)
• Working knowledge of various open source web APIs, libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, Angular, ReactJS, backbone.js, Jasmine, Buster.js, etc.)
What makes us special?
- We are working on projects targeting large international communities, mainly using modern development (Java 8, Scala) and deployment (AWS, Docker) technologies
- We do great stuff for the global brands such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and Paramount
- Our great benefits package: private health care, fitness card, in house compensatory English lessons, team building events, fun zones in the office, parking space, facilities for cyclists, activities within the Social Fund
- We offer competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development