Application Development typical duties:
- Application Development- develop and maintain/support applications using appropriate tools (.NET) in accordance with IPS instructions
- Application Development - fully document all stages of the application development for support purposes
- Application Development - produce end user documentation for systems developed for use in user training
- Application Development - work within the development team framework under direction from the development project manager.
- Application Development - carry out comprehensive system and unit testing of development work carried out to ensure a reliable and quality product.
- Ensure development work is maintained at a high and consistent standard.
- Ensure testing is carried out thoroughly and consistently in conjunction with team lead.
Detailed Overview of Role:
- Accept, diagnose and resolve 2nd level service requests assigned by the Service Desk. The application development area is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of high quality business applications delivered in a timely manner.
- In order to further assist in the rapid development of applications, a suite of .Net components from DevXpress are used within the vb.net development environment. Experience of vb.net system development using these components would be seen as a pre-requisite to a fully effective development resource.
- Source code is controlled and managed using Visual SourceSafe in order to streamline the development and release cycle. Experience of working with this source control environment would be highly beneficial.
- Since most of the core business systems utilise the Oracle database platform, it is also highly desirable that any development staff are thoroughly familiar with the Oracle/SQL database platform both from a basic connectivity standpoint and also from a programming standpoint. Many of the functions and procedures written in Oracle PL/SQL are required to interface directly with the vb.net environment in order to pass parameters and return data. This therefore requires a very detailed understanding of the Oracle development environment and in particular PL/SQL.
Wymagania i obowiązki
• .Net Framework 3.5 upwards
• DevXpress .Net components
• Oracle Server
• Oracle PL/SQL
• Microsoft VB.NET
Desirable Technical Requirements:
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 upwards
• Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005 upwards
• Citrix SDK/Windows SDK
• Team Foundation Server
• SQL Developer
• Microsoft Entity Framework
• Scripting (UNIX/DOS)