You have a chance to work for an innovative, multinational company from the financial industry with branches all over the Europe that delivers the greatest solutions for their clients.
We are looking for an Expert Java Developer responsible for building Java applications. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. If you can commit to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality this is a job for you!
Your work environment would be:
- Great salary and development opportunities as well as working among experts in their field;
- Advanced tools;
Sports card and medical care package;
- Lunch cards;
- Gaming room;
Your role and responsibilities:
- Designs application components to meet the requirements of a business and documentation of the design.
- Ensures architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented.
- Evaluates new products including prototyping (potentially on behalf of Architects)
Provides Level 3 support for technical components and contribute to problem and root cause analysis.
- Development of source code, including descriptions, in line with detailed requirements
- Verifies the developed source code by reviews
- Integrates software components including unit and integrated software testing according to the test plan
- Ensures that all code changes end up in configuration and deployment tools
- Provides Release Deployments on non Production Management controlled environments.
- Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop Software Product Deployment & Operating Instructions.
- Support creation of Software Product & Release Documentation Deployment Instructions.
- Develops Software Product Operating Instructions.
- Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release
- Maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests, in line with release plans
- Fixes software defects/bugs.
- Measures and analyses code for quality.
- Collaborates with Functional Analysts and technical Specialists to complete work, as required.
Essential skills for this role:
Education / Certification
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering or an IT-related discipline (or equivalent).
- Significant prior experience with development technologies and keep pace with technical innovations.
- The ability to develop reusable and perform-ant Java libraries aligned with good architectural and design patterns
- Good mastery of JVM and build out of scalable data intensive applications
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile software development methodologies
- Primary technologies: Java 8, Apache Storm, Hadoop, MarkLogic, Oracle, Angular JS.
Applied knowledge of the core Java technologies and supporting components including:
- Programming (Core Java, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3)
- Web Frameworks (AngularJS, GWT, Spring)
- Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Data Exchange (JSON, XML)
- JDBC Programming (MySQL, Hive, Impala, Neo4j (and other NoSQL variants), Oracle)
- Web Servers (Tomcat)
- Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber)
- Source Code Management (Git, Subversion)
- Build Tools (Maven, Ant) & Continuous Integration (TeamCity)
- Ability to write high quality code.
- Ability to solve business or production problems.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Proficient English language skills (written/verbal).
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix-ed organisations.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to Davis Nolan Talent Consulting at [email protected].