The role will be located in the UBS office in Wrocław.
Your role in Database Engineering will be to collaborate with around fifteen, global, senior, Oracle professional engineers. You will be producing all the automation and integration required to use Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c to power the entire Oracle estate of databases. UBS has a sharp focus on database security and the automation that we produce needs to operate in a highly controlled environment where audit and compliance and security are key.
You will take shared ownership of an exciting OEM 12c implementation designed to fully power day to day database Operations. Install, provision, patch, backup, manage, monitor, secure... all primarily achieved through OEM.
You will gain exposure to a massive, shared service implementation of Oracle on Oracle Exadata, using RAC and DataGuard and OID.
Your job will be within a Team that sets the direction and strategy for Oracle Database usage in one of the largest, global, enterprise users of Oracle technologies.
You will join a project embarking on the standardisation and automation of Oracle Database activities in the Bank with comprehensive exposure to the latest Oracle technologies and tools, including Exadata and ODA, OEM 12c and Oracle RAC on the latest versions. The project is building the infrastructure and automation to act as the hosting platform on which the Bank will consolidate many thousands of Oracle installations into a standardised, industrialised, shared Service.
Your experience and skills
You are an experienced Oracle DBA with a focus on developing automation solutions rather than on database operations. You will have strong knowledge and practical experience of using Oracle Enterprise Manager for far more than just a monitoring solution.
• Good level of English language and solid communication skills
• 5 years plus solid, enterprise DBA experience
• 3 years minimum of Oracle RAC and Dataguard in mission critical database environments
• Knowledge of Oracle's Maximum Availability Architecture standards and strategies
• A good level of Unix shell scripting
• Oracle PL/script SQL development
• Solid Unix/Linux skills
• Experience with software development methodologies and tools:
- Source code control e.g. subversion
- Issue tracking and management e.g. JIRA
- Release management
- Test automation
- Agile and Waterfall
• Exposure to multi-tenant, shared-service Oracle environments is highly desirable
• Exposure to Cloud environments is highly desirable
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Tool:
- Lifecycle Management Pack for Patching and provisioning
- Understanding of OEM configuration and architecture for HA/DR
- Exposure to OEM's EMCLI interface
- Experience with HP Tools:
- Exposure to HP DMA
- Exposure to HP CSA
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce