• Developing the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform
• Mastering state-of-the-art technologies in complex business domain
• Solving challenging problems in elegant ways
• Sharing knowledge across whole Neo development community
• Taking pride in the quality of delivered software and solutions
The Neo Federal Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project that intends to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as microservice ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
In process of growing the Neo Federal Team in Krakow we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer mastering Java and related tools. As a member of the highly skilled Agile team, which has already proved its value within organization, you will be responsible for development of the service layer of this on-line trading application in collaboration with the Business, Client-Side Developers, QAs an UX professionals.
The role will be located in the UBS office in Krakow (Green Office).
Your experience and skills
• Experience with Java multithreading/concurrency libraries and techniques
• Experience with web services (RESTful and SOAP)
• Experience with modern development tools and systems (ideally Git, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus)
• Expertise in generic computing science including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• Expertise in Java 7/8 language, libraries and tools
• Clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem solving ability
• Knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
• Knowledge of highly scaling messaging systems
• Fluency in automated testing techniques and frameworks
• Experience in working with search engines (like Elasticsearch, Attivio)
• Experience profiling and performance tuning code
• Experience with cloud computing, virtualization, distributed data and computing platforms
• Knowledge in principles of good REST API design
• Interest in working with NoSQL data stores (like Cassandra, Redis, Neo4j)
• Interest in new coming frameworks, tools and techniques
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce