– be a member of a Scrum team
– deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
- devise high level technical architecture for the epics
– provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
– develop code, leading by example
– review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
– deliver L3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in a global team building a Client Order Management System (OMS) for the FX department of the Investment Bank that is being built in Wrocław. The OMS supports orders for FX cash products via UBS Neo as well as from external vendor platforms connected via FIX. Apart from simple resting order types it pioneers algorithmically executed FX orders, developed in a cross business collaborative effort, re-using existing award winning algorithmic trading components from our Equities colleagues. For more details on the business, see http://about-neo.ubs.com/content/fxalgorithms.
Technologies used: Java 7/8 SE, JMS (Tibco EMS), JPA (Hibernate), DI (Spring), FIX, Infinispan, Informatica UMS (29West), Git/GitHub, Linux, Jira, TeamCity
Your experience and skills
– strong server-side Java SE development skills (5+ years), including expertise in multi-threaded programming
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies, and databases (Oracle)
– ability to provide technical leadership
– experience in the financial industry, or FX business knowledge is a plus
– a team player
– committed to excellence
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– a very good English speaker
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.