– be a member of a Scrum team
– deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
- devise high level technical architecture for the epics
– provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
– develop code, leading by example
– review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
– deliver L3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You'll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a Collateral Management and Reporting system in Group Operations IT. The system is used for the calculation of margin of OTC Derivative, Repo, Financing and FX products. It is a cross-product system that assimilates data from across the bank, representing over half of the banks traded products. Members of this team work closely with Global Collateral Management, as well as traders from all business areas, trade support and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation margin management system.
Technologies/Tools used: Java 7/8 SE, JMS/Tibco EMS, GigaSpaces, Hibernate, Tomcat, JSP, JSF, AJAX, REST, JBehave, Spring, Drools, Git/GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, JIRA, Rally, TeamCity
Your experience and skills
– Minimum 4 years developing software utilizing Java J2SE
– Minimum 3 years developing software utilizing Spring framework
– Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
– Detailed understanding of core Java concepts such as collections, multi-threading, and RMI
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies, and databases
– Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
– Strong organizational and quality assurance skills
– Experience in the financial industry is a plus
– a team player
– committed to excellence
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– a very good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.