About the Job
The LUNA group is is looking for a strong Engineering Manager to lead an engineering team in Krakow that is responsible for building customer applications on the Akamai Platform. You will work with other engineers, Customer Care group and other groups in Akamai to improve upon existing applications and create new applications for the LUNA Control Center.
About the Team
LUNA Control Center is Akamai's main portal. It is the critical system that all of our customers interact with to gather traffic analytics, manage configurations, fetch training and support materials and view their bills. The LUNA group is responsible for the software infrastructure and technical evolution of Luna Control Center. Development engineers in the Portal team execute full lifecycle development of a large-scale multi-tier web application: requirements analysis, application design, implementation and deployment to customer-facing production.
Wymagania i obowiązki
* Recruit, mentor, and lead a large team of talented engineers to their full potential.
* Communicate clearly and honestly with internal and external stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines.
* Inspire engineers to work hard, leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations.
* Oversee technical scoping and design of projects, ensuring projects deliver the expected value on time.
* Handle day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, managing time off, and coordinating with Human Resources.
* Work closely with management to identify risks, solve problems, and maintain progress.
* Foster innovation in the team to develop mobile features that push Akamai's offerings well beyond those of our competitors.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Overall experience: 10+ years of software development experience.
* Experience managing engineering teams and mission critical software projects with customer-facing deliverables on tight deadlines.
* Experience with the complete software development process.
* Experience in J2EE development.
* English Fluency.
* Experience with authentication and security solutions
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small-team environment.
* Experience with cross-platform, multi-browser web page development.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, motivational, creative, and confident.
* Web development experience as a senior engineer/architect ideal.
* Understanding of Internet protocols, including IP, HTTP, TCP, DNS.
Please add to your CV the statement below:„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).
- Karta multisport (lub podobna)
- Darmowa kawa i inne napoje
- Darmowy parking
- Prywatna opieka zdrowotna
- Pokój gier
- Elastyczne godziny pracy
- Telefon służbowy
- Akcje firmy
- Ubezpieczenie na życie
- Częściowa praca zdalna
- Ubezpieczenie w podóży służbowej
O Akamai Technologies