We are looking for someone like that who helps us to:
- manage projects. Work closely with business customers, and Solution Design team to prioritize tasks
- design infrastructure, covering primarily server, operating system, and storage; often includes database and middleware solutions with an understanding of infrastructure aspects of BCM/ and disaster recovery
- gather requirements from clients and reviewing the solution with them, measuring, right-sizing resources and working out "fit for purpose" solutions using standard products and services.
- interact with application teams in understanding the business requirements and translate that into technical solutions
- interact with Product Management, Architecture, and Engineering in seeking for the right technical solution based on the requirements
- drive quality implementation, manage growth and capacity, and achieve against performance metrics.
Your teamIn this role you will be working in the Service Operations team in Wroclaw and you will interact with the Deployment Services team in Zurich and different other groups. Our internal clients are mainly in Switzerland and EMEA. You will be responsible that our customers getting the correct infrastructure solution in time.
Your experience and skillsYou have:
- Strong knowledge and experience in network topology, Databases (Oracle & MS SQL; VCS & MSCS; DBaaS), Virtualization Technologies (ESX), and Citrix
- Technical background in Server HW technologies: Sparc, x86, on physical as well as on virtual servers with Solaris, Windows and Linux, storage (DAS, SAN, NAS), and networking technologies
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux, Windows, Solaris) & CPU architectures
- Broad understanding of standard MW components, e.g., DB, Java and messaging, Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
- Storage (EMC SAN - FC, FCoE, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS)
- Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN)
- Experience in capacity and performance management, i.e., system measurement, analysis, and sizing, is certainly an advantage
- Customer focus and solid understanding of business application needs. Excellent interpersonal skills
- In-depth functional and technical understanding of the broad IT infrastructure technology stack
- An experienced IT professional with proven experience working in hands-on infrastructure technology as well as solution design in Enterprise IT
- Ability to pilot the use of new technology or architectures, documenting and communicating blue-prints for wider adoption
- Presentation skills – especially with regard to summarizing complicated technical issues
- Ability to facilitate reviews and workshops to deliver infrastructure improvement
- Good communication skills and a high degree of credibility are imperative
- The ability to operate at multiple levels is critical the candidate must be able to change their approach to solution development and delivery and communication to match the understanding and technical knowledge of the client. This ranges from Senior Management through to Developer
- It is desirable that the candidate has experience working within and an understanding of Investment banking and wealth management business. Financial services knowledge would be advantageous although is not essential
- Strong communication skills in English (German is a plus)
About usExpert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offerTogether. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers