DevOps culture is rapidly growing within the organisation. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of Atlassian's mission to build the best SaaS services in the world. This is a truly exciting time to join us!
What you will do:
- Work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve reliability and performance of our production systems which serve millions of users worldwide.
- Gain deep technical knowledge of our services, build tools that automate, monitor and improve things and most importantly, have fun doing it. We guarantee you'll never be bored!
- Investigate and really sink your teeth into why something didn't work out the way it should - and once you've done that, work out what we can do to stop it happening again.
- Drive a reduction in interrupt work (fire fighting) and deliver a corresponding increase in service quality.
- As part of a global team spread across different timezones you'll provide round-the-clock coverage for Atlassian's cloud services. In the event of production systems failure you'll have the skills and the quick-decision making ability to deal with alerts, queries and problems.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java and JVM.
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications.
- Experience in maintaining production systems.
- Experience with web servers (Tomcat, Apache, Nginx).
- Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python etc.) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both spoken and written).
- A collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption.
- Seeking concrete results from your work as you will be developing and delivering solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts grow and evolve, from a proof of concept to hosting 180,000 JVMs on 50,000+ VMs running in production.
- 12800 - 16600 PLN gross per month + additional compensation for on-call shifts
- Thousands of interesting customers including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations
- Education Bonus (you are choosing on what king of training you would like to spend it)
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, office desks and chairs)
- A lot of opportunities to grow around people from Gdansk, Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam
- Impact! Atlassian tools are used by millions of users around the world
- Fully equipped kitchen ( coffee, tee, yogurts, cornflakes, sodas, sweets at your disposal)
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Spartez
- Life insurance fully covered by Spartez
- Multisport card 50% covered by Spartez
O Spartez sp. z o.o. sp. k.
Developers 4 Developers
Our values are:
- Don't Fuck The Customer
- Be The Change You Seek
- Open Company - No Bullshit
- Great Place to Work